Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Assembly

Today was frustrating. So many things bugged me I called my mom and vented for about 30 minutes after school. It was a lot of very small things that I was able to blow off until the last straw happened. I don't need to relive it by typing and complaining but I'm just happy to have my momma to call when times get tough. Even after how annoying things were I couldn't help but say I had an amazing day. I love what I am doing and who I am surrounded by, but just like my Dad's quote for the day... sometimes, it requires a little bit of work. 

The best was the fifth grade assembly. Our school is fortunate enough to work with the Rosie O'Donnell's program called Rosie's Theater Kids, which is pretty amazing. It is a program that comes into schools that may not be fortunate enough to have many performing art opportunities. It provides instructors to come and teach the students broadway songs and dances. The fifth graders were amazing today. It gave me chills. There were about 60 kids on stage all singing at the top of their lungs (in key too) while dancing to a choreographed dance they all knew pretty well. It was quite impressive. 
Happy February 1st! 
Today I was able to redo the calendar for February, which is next to the daily calendar that makes the day fly by. I love the organization of my classroom, and I'm keeping notes for my future one. 


While waiting for the subway I stalled a bit before putting on my headphones and enjoyed some live music on the subway platform. Yesterday, there was a boy playing the cello. 
I <3 this town.

No comments:

Post a Comment